|Subject: The Friedman Accords Thu Jul 17, 2008 2:44 am|| |
The Friedman AccordA Trade and Friendship Treaty
- Quote :
- Clause 1.) The signatory alliances recognize the sovereignty of Andromeda, and no signatory shall violate the Andromeda’s military, political, or economic independence, nor shall Andromeda violate any signatories military, political or economic independence. No signatory alliance shall allow any overt or covert acts of hostility against Andromeda by its members, and in the event of such actions, the signatory shall work towards a peaceful resolution with Andromeda. Likewise, Andromeda shall not allow any overt or covert acts of hostility to any signatory by its members, and in the event of such actions, Andromeda shall work towards a peaceful resolution with Andromeda.
- Clause 1.) The signatory alliances recognize the importance of open communication between both the membership and leadership of their alliance and Andromeda. All signatories commit to building strong and active lines of communication with Andromeda. Furthermore, all signatory alliances and their members agree to be respectful to Andromeda both in public and private, and Andromeda commits to be respectful to all signatories, both in public and private.
- Clause 1.) The signatory alliances hereby recognizes that all intellectual property released by Andromeda to the signatory alliances is the property of Andromeda, and takes responsibility for the containment of this intellectual property. The signatory alliances also recognizes and accepts responsibility for any damages caused by the disclosure of the intellectual property of Andromeda which has been released to them which has been disclosed by fault of the signatory alliances.
- Clause 1.) Andromeda and each signatory alliance agree to open trade relations with each other if possible.
- Clause 2.) Each signatory alliance and Andromeda recognize that there is an occasional tendency for tech deals to be late, and all parties agree to handle such situations calmly and with tact.
- Clause 3.) In the event that any signatory alliance or Andromeda enters a state of war, all trade relations involving the use of foreign aid slots shall be placed on hold until the expiration of said war or the expiration of surrender terms for said war prohibiting the re-opening of trade relations between Andromeda and signatory alliances.
- Clause 1.) In the event of the activation of another treaty that contradicts this treaty, Andromeda and the signatory in question will work with the each other to resolve the situation diplomatically. If a diplomatic solution is not possible, they may agree to suspend the treaty for the duration of superseded invocation.
- Clause 1.) If any signatory alliance feels that this treaty has been violated, diplomatic negotiations have failed, or they wish to withdraw from this treaty for any reason, they must give Andromeda 48 hours notice of their intention to withdraw from this treaty.
Signatories of these Accords: