|Subject: (AGWO/& MDoAP) The Sagitta Pact [Void 7/3/08] Fri Jul 04, 2008 10:56 am|| |
The Sagitta Pact
Mutual Defense and optional Aggression Pact between the AGW Overlords and Andromeda
- Quote :
- ARTICLE 1 – Sovereignty
- Clause 1.) Both signatories recognize the sovereignty of the other signatory, and neither signatory shall violate the other signatories’ military, political, or economic independence. Neither signatory alliance shall allow any overt or covert acts of hostility against the other party by its members, and in the event of such actions, both signatories shall work towards a peaceful resolution.
ARTICLE 2 – Communication
- Clause 1.) The undersigned alliances recognize the importance of open communication between both the membership and leadership of both signatories. Both signatories commit to building strong and active lines of communication. Furthermore, both undersigned alliances and their members agree to be respectful to the other signatory alliance in both public and private.
ARTICLE 3 – Military Ordinances
- Clause 1.) If one signatory enters an unprovoked defensive war, the other signatory is required and bound to provide military, financial and/or political assistance, with or without the request of the besieged signatory. The besieged signatory may request that the other signatory does not involve themselves in the conflict, but the other signatory may choose to activate this clause regardless.
- Clause 2.) If one signatory enters a provoked defensive war, the other signatory is required and bound to provide military, financial and/or political assistance if the besieged signatory requests such assistance. If the besieged signatory requests that the other signatory does not provide military, financial and/or political assistance during the length of the conflict, the other signatory shall provide rebuilding and political assistance to the besieged signatory upon the expiration of the war.
- Clause 3.) If one signatory enters an offensive war, the other signatory is encouraged to provide military, financial and/or political assistance if the besieged signatory requests such assistance.
- Clause 4.) If one signatory is not asked to involve itself in the defense of the other, besieged signatory, this treaty shall remain valid, unless cancelled by the procedures laid out in Article 7.
ARTICLE 4 – Information Ordinances
- Clause 1.) Both signatories agree to share all varieties sensitive information with the other signatory, and both signatories take responsibility for the security of information passed to them. It shall be at the discretion of the signatories to decide which information to share with the other signatory.
- Clause 2.) Both signatories are bound to share any sensitive information with the other signatory if said information is pertinent to the safety and/or sovereignty of the other signatory.
- Clause 3.) Both signatories are bound to share any intentions to attack a military ally of the other signatory within a reasonable time frame.
ARTICLE 5 – Conflicting Treaties
- Clause 1.) In the event of the invocation, adoption or amendment of another treaty that contradicts this treaty, each signatory will work with the other diplomatically to fix the issue, and to weight the differing obligations of this treaty and the conflicting treaty. If a diplomatic solution is not possible, both signatories may agree to suspend Article 3 and/or Article 4 for the duration of the superseded invocation.
ARTICLE 6 – Amendment
- Clause 1.) Any amendment to this treaty must be agreed upon by both signatories.
ARTICLE 7 – Cancellation Ordinances
- Clause 1.) If either signatory alliance feels that this treaty has been violated, or if a signatory wishes to cancel this treaty for whatever reason, they may place this treaty on probation, after giving the other signatory two days warning. During a period of probation, Article 3 and Article 4 will be suspended. A period of probation will last for seven days.
- Clause 2.) During a period of probation, both signatories will commit to devote time to discussing the issues that caused the activation of this Article. Both signatories shall work towards resolving these issues.
- Clause 3.) At the end of the probation period, if the alliance who initiated the probation still wishes to withdraw from this pact, this treaty shall be void
Signed on this Thursday, July 3rd, 2008: